Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Frequently Asked Questions

What if my hurricane claim was underpaid?

After a hurricane impacts Florida, many insurance companies are simply overwhelmed. As a result they often hire out of state adjusters who have limited experience identifying and estimating hurricane damage. Many of these adjusters overlook obvious damages and attribute it instead to wear and tear so that they can deny or underpay the damage. This is wrong. If you feel your claim was underpaid or wrongfully denied, contact us today so that we can review your claim and help you recover the funds your to which you are entitled.

What if my insurance claim is being delayed?

Your claims are required to be paid or denied within 90 days. Your claim may be delayed at no fault of your own, if you feel it is taking too long to resolve your damage, contact us today.

What if my house is uninhabitable?

If your home has become uninhabitable as a result of storm damage your policy may cover the cost to live elsewhere (additional living expenses) until your home is repaired. If your additional living expenses are not being paid or if coverage has stopped, contact us today to have us review your rights.

What if my hurricane damage is below deductible?

After a hurricane, some adjusters attempt to low-ball damage estimates. Even if your policy has a high hurricane deductible, the adjuster may have overlooked the extent of your damage. If you feel your damages have been underestimated in any way, contact us immediately to have us review and properly estimate your hurricane damage and help you collect the money you are owed.

Is my home or business a total loss?

If you feel the cost to repair your hurricane damage is substantial compared to the total value of your home or business, your policy may pay the limit of your policy even though other areas of your home or business were not damaged. Your insurance company may be required to pay the limit of insurance in even if the cost to rebuild is less than the limit of insurance. If you are concerned that your insurance company is not paying you the correct amount of money for your damage, please contact us to today so that we can assist you in recovering what you deserve.

Can I recover my business income loss?

Most business insurance policies provide coverage for losses of income your business incurrs as a result of the hurricane. It can be difficult to document and calculate how much income your business has lost as a result of the hurricane and how much you should be paid for your loss. Our team of experts will assist you in calculating and documenting both the physical hurricane damage to your business and the income losses caused by the closure of your business.

What if I live in a condo?

If you are a condo owner, damage to the inside of your unit resulting from a storm is likely covered if you have an individual condo unit owner’s policy. Damage to the outside of the condominium’s or other common areas such as exterior walls, hallways, and elevators are typically covered by the condominium association policy. If your individual unit was damaged or if your association is having problems fixing hurricane damage on the outside of the condominium, please contact us today so that we can provide a free case analysis and enforce your rights.

How do I pay for a lawyer?

We work soley on a contingency-fee basis. That means you only pay us if we win your case. Our fee is a percentage of the verdict or settlement we obtain for you. And if we win, the opposing party may be required to pay our attorneys’ fees and costs. If we lose, we work for free at no cost to you. Contact us today to find out more and for us to conduct a free review of your case.